Chinese Version Russian version

Resources Overview

(1) Land and Woodland Resources

In 2011, Qiqihar had a land area of 42,469 square meters, arable land area of 33.56 million mu (15mu=1ha) and woodland area of 7.45 million mu.

The arable land of the whole city is mainly distributed in the rolling hill region of diluvial-alluvial plain on both banks of the middle and upper reaches of the Nenjiang River and on the flood plain of the Yalu River, Yin River, Alun River, Namor River, the Wuyur River,Shuangyang River and the Tongken River, dominated by black soil, sandy soil and meadow soil, with a thick fertile black soil layer.

(2) Grassland and Wetland Resources

Qiqihar has abundant grassland resources, with a grassland area of 8.1 million acres, widely distributed, mainly distributed on the diluvial-aeolian plain in the middle part and the southern part, including the urban area, the eastern part of Fuyu County, Tailai County and Longjiang County and most part of Gannan County. The whole city has 14 nature reserves, including a state-level nature reserve. The wetlands of Qiqihar are mainly distributed in Tiefeng District, Longjiang County, Gannan County and Tailai County, of which, the Zhalong Nature Reserve has been included in the List of the World’s Important Wetlands and the Longjiang Halahai and the Gannan Changjigang Wetlands have been included in the List of China’s Important Wetlands.

(3) Water Resources

Qiqihar has a flat terrain, with numerous rivers running across its territory, including 174 rivers, large and small, and 859 lake and ponds of different size, indicating abundant surface water resources. The main stream of the Nenjiang River runs throughout the whole city from north to south, with the tree-shaped Nenjiang River water system covering the whole city like leaf veins. The main rivers originating from the east side of Greater Khingan and flowing through Qiqihar are Nuomin River, Alun River, Yin River, Yalu River, Chuor River, and the rivers originating from the west side of Lesser Khingan are Namor River, Wuyur River, Shuangyang River and Tongken River, branch stream of the Hulan River, collectively referred to as “One Nenjiang , Nine Rivers”.

(4) Mineral Resources

Qiqihar is one of the regions with abundant mineral resources in Heilongjiang Province, and the found minerals fall into 47 varieties of 5 categories, with the total quantity of minerals occupying 46% of the total quantity of found minerals in Heilongjiang, occupying 28% of the total quantity of minerals in China. 178 mineral deposits have been found in Qiqihar. Qiqihar’s mineral resources are dominated by non-metallic minerals, occupying 74% of the total quantity of minerals, with energy, metal, underground water and geothermal mineral resources coming next.

(5) Tourism Resources

Qiqihar, honored as the “Crane City”, has numerous places of interest and historical and cultural relics, indicating abundant tourism resources. It boasts sightseeing areas that attract tourists from home and abroad due to splendid scenery, temples with colorful flying rafers and brick carvings as decorations, filled with strong religious features and tomb ruins that reflect the wisdom of ancestors and ancient cities that reflect the wasteland opening up and war life of ancient people and the most iconic one is the Zhalong National-Level Natural Reserve.


Sponsored by: Office of Qiqihar Municipal People's Government
All Rights Reserved: Qiqihar Municipal Government
Organized by: Office of Qiqihar Government Affair Opening Leading Group
Technical Support: Qiqihar Information Center